4th of July Disneyland Vacation!

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Break--St. Patrick's Day


Well, the Luck of the Irish was not with us today. After adorning ourselves in green and finding a few treats from Lucky, our house Leprechaun, we discovered that Blake and Brock had come down with Pink Eye. Very non-festive!


How many great pictures can you take of pink eye infestations? After panicking and crying (I hate pink eye as much as I hate scorpions!) I girded my loins and went to town disinfecting the house. My mental status went on high alert trying to keep an eye (no pun intended) on where everyone's hands were going. I lost track of how many times I washed my hands but by the end of the day I'd opened a new bottle of hand lotion.


We did salvage part of the festivities with a Green Dinner. The kids decided what green menu items they wanted and would eat. We ended up with green grapes, green apples, spinich leaves, kiwi, celery, green and white pasta and Leprechaun Fizz to drink (lime sherbert and 7Up). Pretty much my children are liars (cuties, but liars) and only ate grapes and apples for dinner but I enjoyed the pasta and chicken salad I made to go with the spinich leaves.

While I cleaned up the kitchen they colored some St. Patrick's Day coloring and activity pages and then I was anxious to get them in bed early. I let my mental status go down to barely conscious so I could be ready to tackle 6 more days of eye drops! Darn Lerprechauns!

No comments: